Serving Entrepreneurs with Disabilities
EntreActive has been developed to help people with disabilities in particular those who are not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI) benefits in developing and implementing their business concepts. The 24-week program will assist participants to gain the skills and support which will help them achieve long-term, sustainable employment in an entrepreneurial endeavor.
The EntreActive Program includes:
Business workshops, seminars and webinars
Market research, business plans, sales and marketing, internet and social media, insurance, bookkeeping and taxes are just some of the topics to be covered.
Business counseling sessions will be provided one-on-one at progressive stages of the program, along with ongoing email assistance on specific issues
Business plan development
Assessment of your business concept and one-on-one assistance with your plan development and assistance with funding and grant applications post project completion
- Self-identify as having a permanent physical or mental disability
- Un- or under-employed (not working 20 hours or more per week)
- Not currently collecting employment insurance (EI)
- Have not had an EI claim in the last 3 years
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Require assistance to prepare for self-employment
- Demonstrates job readiness in terms of attitude and aptitude
- Have a business idea that sounds reasonable
- Is aware of, and committed to, meeting all milestones (conducting market research, completing a self-employment business plan, etc)
Located within the Business Victoria offices, EntreActive participants will have access to a large variety of business resources. Personal and disability supports will also be available to participants. EntreActive staff are knowledgeable, supportive and professional with a wide community network available to assist individuals in moving toward their entrepreneurial goals.
To find out if this program is suitable for you, and to register, please contact us at 250-384-2432 or email firstname.lastname@example.org